A traineeship is a non-employed status training programme with work experience for 16 - 19 year olds that is focused on giving you the skills and experience that employers are looking for. You will receive work preparation training, English and maths, if you require it and have access to a high quality work experience placement.
What are the benefits of a Traineeship?
- A weekly training allowance is paid to you throughout your time on the programme;
- The programme will put you in a better position to compete for an Apprenticeship or job;
- The opportunity to build your CV and get vital experience with local and national employers;
- Improving your English and maths skills will boost your chances of getting a job, as well as improving your long term prospects and earning potential over your lifetime;
- Employers show a commitment to Traineeships to ensure they give you the skills you need to secure a job and succeed in employment;
- At the end of the work experience placement you will have had a great opportunity to make an informed choice about your future, continue on an Apprenticeship, go back to College to do a full-time course, carry out voluntary work or pursue an alternative career choice.
Watch this video to find out more about our traineeship programme.
Who should I talk to?
Contact Skills Academy Wales now and we will put you in touch with one of our partners who is best placed to respond to your individual requirements.
Skills Academy Wales
Dwr-Y Felin Road